Volunteer with us
Our volunteers play a very crucial role in our work in a range of ways. They provide support to children, young people and parents in our community as well-being workers, youth workers, listeners, advisers and act as community ambassadors; they support us with project work or administration; they raise money for us to continue our work; and they sit on our Trustee board. Their time and commitment help us to deliver the services that children, young people and their families parents want and need to ensure that our circle of support extends completely around the child or young person.
If you are passionate about helping children and young people, supporting families, enriching the local community, giving something back and would like to share your skills and experiences we would lobe to hear from you.
What roles do we currently have?
We have several interesting roles but do not let that stop you from suggesting a role or project that you would like to do.
- Youth Club– we have a weekly youth club in Cheddar once a week. This will be a trial for 12 weeks and we would like a volunteer to support Young Somerset who are running this for us.
- Marketing and Social Media – we would like to have several volunteers that can help with our marketing and social media activities.
- Listening Service – this is a new initiative where we train volunteer listeners to be part of a telephone listening service for parents/carers and family members.
- Well-being Garden – we have an allotment in Cheddar that we hope to develop into a community well-being garden where schools and community groups can use and where well-being activities take place.
- Public Relations – we are not convinced that the community know about us. It would be great to have someone that can contact local businesses and community groups telling them about us and assisting our general fundraising Trustee and volunteer.
- Fundraiser– The generation of income and resources to support the on-going development of The Space
What we are offering
We are committed to supporting our volunteers to enjoy a fulfilling role and we do this by providing:
- A robust induction and on-going training programme and support
- Regular team meetings to share experience, knowledge, and support
- The opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people
- Six weekly one to one support meetings
- The satisfaction that you are making a real and lasting difference in lives of children, young people and parents living in Cheddar Valley
- Getting invaluable work experience
- Developing new skills and putting existing skills to good use
- New experiences
- Opportunities to socialise and network
- Activities that will increase your satisfaction, well-being and sense of achievement and purpose
- An opportunity for someone who would like to increase their personal confidence, progress towards their goals and work with different people
- Job references for you after six months volunteering with us
In return we ask you to:
- Commit to volunteering with us for at least 6 months
- Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
- Maintain the confidential information of the organisation and of its users.
- Read and comply with EPC’s policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Attend any training relevant to your duties.
- Act in a professional way whenever you represent EPC.
- Raise any concerns at the earliest opportunity.
- Give us as much notice as possible should you be unable to attend or carry out your volunteer role with us anymore.